It's a dirty job but someone has to... I like Paula's title better! A great post that is beneficial to clients and agents alike and I can tell you from experience, clients in need of these things will truly appreciate that an agent was thoughtful enough to have them on hand. (Not to mention some bottled water and maybe even some pnut butter crackers in case there's no time for lunch). I even keep some motion sickness chewable tablets (over the counter - Bonine) on hand because I have had that occassional client get that dreadful sick feeling when riding around our curvy mountain roads. Great post Paula!
Get to know Paula McDonald
I have experienced the dirty side of the world of real estate! I can site numerous situations that we as agents, inspectors, appraisers, surveyors and others find ourselves in on a daily basis. This can be a dirty business for sure!
Some of my dirty little secrets in this business that have been lifesavers over the years have saved me from some of these "adventures".
Here are my tips for those with dirty little secrets:
- Keep an extra pair of shoes in your car at all times! I lost a shoe one time when retrieving the lockbox on the side of a house. I was not prepared for what appeared to be wet grass yet was a yucky, slimy mud pit that sucked that shoe right off of my foot! An extra pair of shoes would have been handy at that time!
- Having a pair of mud boots can also be handy. Many times clients want to venture out on some property with tall weeds, mud and other unquestionable mediums! My mud boots truly have come in big-time handy for me!
- A packet of hand wipes! I can't tell you how many times I have needed these little lifesavers. They also work really well if you accidentally get your clothes dirty. Did you know that these wipes are excellent for stains on clothing or upholstery?
- Gloves are another excellent accessory that have kept me out of a jam! A sturdy pair of work gloves have helped me to unlock difficult doors, open a stuck gate, lift a nasty garage door and more! My hands and my manicurist have thanked me!
- Toilet paper is a mainstay in any car! Things happen right? You never know when you or the client that is with you finds themselves in need of this very important staple!
These are my best dirty little secret busters! Keeping a handy little bin in my trunk to hold these items is also a great idea. You never know what you are going to run in to in this business! Better to be prepared when you have one of those dirty days!